The Easy Way to Roll Over
You've made the prudent decision to protect your retirement savings from steep taxes and penalties by rolling over your 401(k), 403(b), pension or other employer-sponsored plan to an IRA. Congratulations! The hard part is over. Our rollover process is fast and easy, and should only take you about 20 minutes. The best part is that once you're done, you're done. That's it. You will have found a great financial institution for your IRA and completed the steps necessary to move your money there.
The security of your information is of utmost concern for us. To protect your sensitive data we use the strongest encryption format available on the web and a drum-tight technology scheme on our backend systems. The only data we collect up-front is basic demographic information and financial preferences to help match you with top financial institutions. Once you've selected one, you'll be asked to answer a few more questions, depending on the needs of the specific institution.
At no time will we sell or transfer your information to any third parties without your approval.
Paperwork You'll Need
- Your most recent company retirement plan statement
- Information about your company retirement plan:
- Account number
- Account balance
- Plan Sponsor name
- Plan Sponsor phone number
- Plan Sponsor address
- Information about your current or most recent employer:
- Company name
- Company phone number
- Company address
- Birth date and Social Security number of all beneficiaries
- Your Social Security number
- Employer Code and Password, if you were directed here by your employer
Completing a rollover using our Rollover Form couldn't be easier. Along the way you'll find convenient tips to help you answer questions and understand terms you might be unfamiliar with. A “save” button on every page makes it trouble-free to stop at any time and come back later.
A Fast and Simple Form
- Fill out basic demographic and contact information on Page 1; your financial preferences on Page 2.
- Our rollover filters will match your new IRA to one of our top financial institutions.
- We'll present multiple offers from which to choose. View each offer in detail, line them up side-by-side and compare, then choose one.
- Answer a few questions required by the financial institution you selected. This will typically include information about your company retirement plan and the designation of any beneficiaries for your new IRA account.
- Depending upon the financial institution you have selected, your signature may be required to complete the application. If so, we will mail the IRA application to you; just sign and return the required documents in the enclosed pre-addressed postage-paid envelope, along with any supporting documentation required by the financial institution you have selected.
- Call us if you need help requesting your rollover distribution information from your previous employer or plan provider. We're happy to assist you.
- Sit back and relax.
When your new account is opened, the financial institution you have selected will send you information on your new account. Congratulations – you’ve just taken an important step toward securing your financial future!